The Center for Student Success is providing free online tutoring in an interactive whiteboard platform through STAR-NY to SUNY New Paltz students from 7 p.m. – 12 a.m., Sunday – Thursday, until May 7, 2020.
Students can sign up for free online tutoring by following the instructions at https://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule. If you have any questions about this service, please contact the Center for Student Success at email@example.com.
- Math – Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Calc I, & Intro to Statistics
- Chemistry – Introductory, General
- Organic Chemistry– Sunday, Tuesday Only
- Biology – Introductory & Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics – Introductory
- Accounting – Any course below the 400 level
- Computer Science – Introductory
- Economics – Introductory, Micro, & Macro
- Psychology – Introductory
- Writing – Any course through Masters level (except foreign languages)
Instructions for Working with an Online Tutor
- To receive tutoring, a student must enter the online tutoring platform between 7:00pm and 11:30pm Sundays through Thursdays. Refer to the schedule for available subjects each evening.
- Open a browser other than Internet Explorer such as Firefox, Safari, or Chrome to log into the tutoring site: http://www.starny.org/tutoring_schedule.
- To access tutoring, click on the “Request a Tutor” button and fill out the tutor request form.
- When you reach the Dashboard page, click on a room opened for your subject to enter the room and work with a tutor.
- There may be a wait, as students are helped in the order in which they log on. Tutors will greet students in the chat box area to the right of the whiteboard.