SUNY New Paltz is publishing important messages and news updates related to the College’s response to COVID-19 on the campus news website. Use this link to view all these posts in one place.
The update below was shared by Chief Information Officer John Reina on Friday, March 27.
Only the following computer labs/spaces will remain open effective Monday, March 30:
- CT126 – software unique to Theater needs
- WH221, WH223, – Software/hardware unique to engineering and 3D printing – Please see Engineering Department for card access
- REH211/212 – Software/hardware unique to engineering
- SH231 – Software unique to geography/geology
- CSB55 – Software unique to digital media and journalism
- CSB321 – Software unique to chemistry
- CSB118/119 – Public general-purpose hybrid Wintel/iMac
- VH221 – Bloomberg terminals unique to business program and other business specific software
- LC and WH kiosks – Walk up kiosk spaces
Remote access will be available in some of these locations and please check with your professor for additional details.
*** Follow sanitizing protocols as advertised in these locations ***
*** All other computer labs/spaces will be closed ***
Notes on closures:
- No Res Hall labs will remain open
- All spaces remaining open will be at 50% reduced capacity due to social distancing
- Sanitizing supplies will remain available in open spaces but will be removed from closed spaces
- No EOP, No MLK, No Honors labs will remain open
- Physics labs (in SH) and Chemistry (in CSB) will likely remain open but these are not computer labs, they are conventional science labs with computer connected for data and signal acquisition
- Old Main CMC is closed