The Office of Communication & Marketing will continue sending the Daily Digest e-newsletter through Winter Break, on a slightly reduced production schedule, to keep our community informed about important institutional news between the fall 2020 and spring 2021 semesters.
The College’s COVID-19 Dashboard will continue to be updated five days per week (Monday – Friday, excluding holidays) with information about coronavirus testing and active cases.
The Daily Digest publication schedule for November, December and January will be as follows:
- The Daily Digest will be sent from Nov. 23 – 25, but not on Thanksgiving, Nov. 26, or Friday, Nov. 27.
- The Daily Digest will be published as usual from Nov. 30 – Dec. 4.
- Beginning Dec. 7, the Daily Digest will move to a four-day-per-week schedule with delivery Monday – Thursday. There will be no Daily Digest on Dec. 11, Dec. 18 or Dec. 25.
- We’ll take a week off from Dec. 28 – Jan. 1. No Daily Digests will be delivered during that week (though we will still update the COVID-19 Dashboard and send urgent campus updates via email and text message).
- The newsletter will resume its normal Monday – Friday schedule on Jan. 4, to provide consistent updates as the spring semester approaches.
All issues of the Daily Digest are archived and available to the general public at https://newpaltz.edu/coronavirus-info/campus-messages/.
SUNY New Paltz will continue using text alerts to share vital institutional news (including plans for spring 2021) during Winter Break. Text messages are sent on two channels:
- NPAlert, the College’s emergency text service, is used to deliver timely, emergency announcements to our entire campus community. Students and employees may not opt out of receiving these notifications.
- NPForward, the new text notification system, is used to share important, non-emergency news and information. Those who would like to add additional mobile numbers to receive these notifications, or who prefer not to receive notifications, can manage their preferences in newpaltz.edu by clicking the “NPAlert & NPForward” link under “Resources.”
Click here to learn more about our communication protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic.