The 2020 Open Enrollment Period for the Student Employee Health Plan (SEHP) runs from Monday, Aug. 31, through Wednesday, Sept. 30.
Many SUNY New Paltz Teaching Assistants and Graduate Assistants will be eligible to enroll in SEHP if they have not done so already. Full eligibility requirements, and much more information, can be found in the Student Employee Health Plan General Information Book, which is available online from SUNY.
Eligible employees have the following options for enrolling in SEHP:
- Enroll within 45 days of appointment or when the employee becomes first eligible. Coverage begins as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of appointment, whichever is later.
- Employees on F-1 or J-1 Visas and domestic students at campuses where health insurance is mandated will have coverage effective as of the date of appointment.
- Enroll within 30 days of a qualifying event. Coverage becomes effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office or the date of event, whichever is later.
- Enroll during the Open Enrollment Period. Coverage is effective as of the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
- Enrollment is otherwise permitted at any time as a late enrollee. Coverage becomes effective 30 days from the date the enrollment form is received in the HR office.
The Open Enrollment Period provides employees who were eligible for SEHP last year but chose not to enroll, an opportunity to enroll now, without the 30-day waiting period otherwise required for late enrollment.
Those who have questions about the Student Employee Health Plan are encouraged to contact Benefits at email@example.com.