In addition to its supervision of the College’s accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), the Office of Strategic Planning and Assessment is now overseeing disciplinary program accreditations and certifications at SUNY New Paltz. Following is the status of the College’s accreditations and certifications.
COLLEGE OF LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
- The M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling and M.S. School Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Accreditation is active through March 2023. The CACREP Interim Report is due in October 2022.
- The M.S. program in Speech-Language Pathology (Department of Communication Disorders) is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). The annual report was completed in February of 2021 and the program held a virtual site visit on October 18 and 19. A re-accreditation decision is expected soon.
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- The School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The self-study is due in the summer of 2022, a site visit is planned for the fall 2022, and a decision for re-accreditation will be made in 2023.
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- The School of Education is pursuing accreditation of its educator preparation programs from the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). The Quality Assurance Report was submitted in October 2021. A virtual site visit is planned for April 2022. The School of Education was previously accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) under the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards.
SCHOOL OF FINE & PERFORMING ARTS
- The Department of Art is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). The next comprehensive review is due in 2023-2024.
- The Department of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The next comprehensive review is scheduled for 2023-2024.
- The M.S in Music Therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA). The program is scheduled for re-accreditation in 2027.
- The Department of Theatre Arts is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST). In pursuit of re-accreditation, a report will be filed in fall 2024 and a site visit is planned for spring 2025.
SCHOOL OF SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
- The Chemistry curriculum is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS). The review for re-certification is expected in summer 2024.
- The Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET (formally the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology). The next comprehensive review will occur in 2023-2024.
The Center for Student Success is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA). The application for re-certification was submitted, and the Center is waiting for notification of re-certification.