Campus Auxiliary Services seeks to hire one or more students interested in helping to facilitate the weekly campus farmers market, preferably with an interest in local agriculture, sustainability and/or managing weekly events and markets. This is a paid position.
Farmers’ Markets take place, spring and fall semester, every Thursday from 10:30 am-3:30 pm.
- Set up and break down of the market (9:00 am and 4:00 pm respectively)
- Collect vendor fees from all vendors and deliver to CAS office
- Communicate with clubs and vendors to organize the markets
- Reach out to other farmers/producers to expand the market
- Public relations and farmers market social media-working with Kevin Paige and Faathyma.
- Maintain good relationships with market vendors and organizations
- Maintain relationships with UPD and other campus departments to ensure the markets run smoothly
Many of the above responsibilities will be shared with the new Farmers’ Market coordinator, Faathyma Clark.
The core hours that need student staffing are on Thursdays from 9 AM until 11:30 AM and then again from 2:00 PM until the market is finished and cleaned up. The market officially closes at 3:30 PM.
The position is available immediately.
To apply, contact Faathyma Clark of Campus Auxilary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.