Meet the Sustainability Ambassadors at the farmers market today, learn about the opportunities to get involved with the Sustainability Network at SUNY New Paltz, and get free stuff to reduce your single-use plastic use and go zero waste! The farmers market is located outdoors between the Lecture Center and Coykendall Science Building. (If you can’t make it today, you can stop by another Thursday in September and October). From the Sustainability Ambassadors, you’ll learn about:
- Sustainability student organizations
- Sustainability GE courses to take next semester
- The Environmental Studies Minor, which can be added to any major
- Pathways to sustainability careers with sustainability majors and minors
- Strategies to go plastic-free / zero waste on campus using our free stuff!
Check out the free stuff you can get:
- A bamboo utensil set OR A stainless steel water bottle
- A canvas bag OR A collapsible shopping bag
Choose 2 items – one bag and either the water bottle or utensils!
Meet the Sustainability Ambassadors:
From left to right: Jazmine Espeut, Joannie Lauria, Emily Davison, and Seth Laxman. Not pictured: Courtney Stuber and Holly Clark.