The Office of Records & Registration has published the winter 2020-21 and spring 2021 schedules of classes, which are now available at https://www.newpaltz.edu/classes/.
All matriculated graduate students will be able to register for spring 2021 courses beginning Nov. 9.
Registration for matriculated undergraduate students begins Nov. 16, though students will be assigned different times for registration. You can find your registration time assignment now by going to my.newpaltz.edu and clicking “Registration” under “Resources.”
Don’t wait until the last minute to make your schedule!
With just a couple of weeks before registration begins, here’s a quick checklist for students to get ready:
- Use My Schedule Planner to build your schedule now (find it under the “Registration” link at newpaltz.edu)
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your academic goals and progress, and get your registration clearance
- Check for any registration holds and get them fixed! (head to newpaltz.edu, click the “General” link, then find “Holds”)
- Confirm your time assignment by following the steps listed above
- Looking to declare your major? Please remember that there is a moratorium on major declarations from Oct. 26 – Nov. 20, the most active time of registration advisement. Please contact your major department now if you’d like to declare your major before Oct. 26.
You can also find your progress report on my.newpaltz.edu. If you think it needs to be updated, let your advisor know and they can submit amendments to the Office of Records & Registration.
On the day of your registration time assignment…
If you’ve built your schedule in advance using My Schedule Planner, then you can quickly finalize it by logging back in and sending your schedule to Cart.
Having issues registering during your time assignment? Contact email@example.com for help.
Planning to graduate in May 2021?
Students who intend to graduate soon should be sure that their registration choices for winter and spring fulfill any outstanding requirements on your progress report, to avoid deficiencies and delay in degree conferral.
If you haven’t yet applied to graduate, find the degree application by going to my.newpaltz.edu and clicking “Graduation” under the Resources menu. May 2021 graduates must apply by the Jan. 1, 2021, deadline.
Students and advisors can check the progress of the degree application review using Starfish. Please allow up to three weeks after degree application for tracking to appear.