As previously announced, all SUNY New Paltz students in our on-campus population (defined as students who live on campus AND those who commute for in-person classes) are now required to be tested for COVID-19 at least twice this fall: at least once by individual testing, and at least once by pool testing.
On-campus pool testing at SUNY New Paltz begins on Sept. 24 in the Awosting Hall Basement Lounge through a partnership with SUNY Upstate Medical University, and will continue two days per week through the end of the fall semester.
Each week, roughly 400-500 students will be required to participate in pool testing. Students will be notified via email and NPForward text message when they are required to be tested the following week. Students who are scheduled for mandatory testing on Sept. 24 or 25 should already have received an email and text message with details and instructions for registering.
Because we are working with a new partner to facilitate pool testing, the process for signing up for pool testing is different than the process for signing up for the individual testing that has been ongoing since Aug. 31.
In order to register for on-campus pool testing, please follow these steps:
- Visit http://register.suny-covid.com/
- If this is your first time using the SUNY Upstate Medical University portal, please click “Register” to create a new COVID-19 Account, using your New Paltz Hawkmail email account
- Input your information and follow instructions for when your test will take place. Please be sure to register no later than two days before your scheduled test.
- Once you have registered, you may arrive for pool testing at any time during the designated hours of operation. Pool tests will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please also note the following instructions to follow on the day of your test:
- Please report to the Pond-side entrance of Awosting Hall (click here for a campus map if you are unfamiliar with the location)
- You must bring your mobile device and your SUNY New Paltz ID card to check in
- Your mobile device will be used to log into your SUNY Upstate COVID-19 Account and scan a custom barcode that will be linked to your test
- In order to ensure accurate results, those being tested must not eat, drink, smoke or vape within the 30 minutes prior to your test, and must not brush teeth or use mouthwash within the three hours prior to your test
We ask all students to please keep an eye out for additional emails and NPForward text messages with more information about mandatory pool testing. As always, we thank all members of our community for taking these proactive measures to protect the health of our entire campus community.