This virtual town hall event was originally scheduled for Aug. 4, but was postponed due to widespread power outages in the Hudson Valley region.
The rescheduled town hall will take place as planned, as an opportunity for New Paltz alumni to share their thoughts, experiences and concerns with campus leaders including:
- Donald P. Christian, President
- Barbara G. Lyman, Interim Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Stephanie Blaisdell, Vice President for Student Affairs
- David Eaton, Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Erica Marks, Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations
- Michele Halstead, Vice President for Administration & Finance
- Shelly Wright, Chief of Staff and Vice President for Communication & Marketing
- Tanhena Pacheco Dunn, Chief Diversity Officer and Associate Vice President for Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion
These campus leaders will answer questions, but their primary goals are to listen and to learn. Alumni Council volunteers and staff members from the Office of Alumni Relations will also be present.
This town hall-style discussion will be hosted on Zoom. Attendees will be able to join on a first-come, first-served basis (no pre-registration is required, though the College’s Zoom license caps participation at 300 attendees).
Those who are unable to join on Zoom will be able to watch the discussion on YouTube, where it will be streamed live and recorded for later viewing. The stream will be available on the College’s YouTube channel when the event begins.
The following ground rules will be in effect during this and all other town hall conversations:
- Please speak from your own knowledge and experience
- Practice reflective listening and be respectful of your fellow participants
- Please keep comments or sharing to two or three minutes, to allow as many people as possibly an opportunity to speak
- For some, this conversation can be healing; for others, it can bring trauma. We encourage participants to practice self-care. If at any time you think you would like help to process, please type that in the comment box and we can connect you with one of the members of the Diversity & Inclusion Council, who will be on standby to assist and support.