The message below was sent to all faculty and staff on Friday, July 31.
Dear Work Study Supervisors,
If you have been granted an allotment for the 2020-21 school year, you can begin setting up your jobs by logging into the Job X website. All approved job posts will be made active on the work study job website on Aug. 10.
Beginning Aug. 10, you will be able to:
- Process your rehires from the spring 2020 term returning to work for the fall
- Start reviewing applications and contacting prospective student employees
The User’s Guide is located on the On-Campus Employer Home Page and provides detailed instructions on posting/re-posting a job, hiring/re-hiring students as well as different types of actions you can take on job applications.
Remember, students cannot work before Aug. 24, the official first day of the semester.
- The work study payroll dates for the full academic year will be from Aug. 24, 2020, to May 16, 2021
- If you plan on hiring students for both semesters, please set up your jobs for the full academic year and not just for the fall or spring semester
- If you want to only re-hire your student employees from last semester and not advertise to new students, select “Review Mode” status on the final page of the job posting process
- The minimum wage will be $12.50/hr and the standard student award is $1,800 for the year
- Before a student employee is allowed to work, payroll forms must be on file in the Payroll Office (including Form I-9, W-4, and either state tax form IT-2104 or IT 2104E). Payroll will be responsible for completing Form I-9 with the student employee. Student employees are required to complete a new I-9 form and new federal and state forms only if their forms on file are more than one year old.
You can direct your hires to the Payroll website to download and complete the forms.