As we look forward to the start of the upcoming semester, we want to remind you of important steps you can take to prepare for the Fall 2020 semester:
- If you have not already done so, complete the FAFSA at studentaid.gov.
- Review outstanding requirements online at https://my.newpaltz.edu/ and submit documents promptly.
- Accept or decline aid including loans online at my.newpaltz.edu.
- First-time Federal Direct Student Loan borrowers must complete Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) at studentaid.gov. Transfer students must complete Entrance Counseling even if there is a valid MPN on file.
- Parents wishing to apply for a Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) must complete the application process online at studentaid.gov.
- New York residents should apply for New York State aid programs including TAP and Excelsior Scholarship at hesc.ny.gov using school code 0925. If the 2020-21 Excelsior Scholarship application for new applicants is not available yet, you are encouraged to sign up for email notification of application availability.
The best way to reach the Office of Student Financial Services is to send an email to email@example.com. Please include your contact information including student ID number and phone number.
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): 800-433-3243
HESC (NYS Aid) Phone: 888-697-4372