The SUNY New Paltz Foundation is urging students to apply for more than 150 available fall scholarship opportunities, and has extended the application deadline to accommodate students who are interested.
Simply visit www.newpaltz.edu/scholarships to view available opportunities and apply by April 15!
The SUNY New Paltz Foundation raises generous donations to support scholarships for SUNY New Paltz students. Many students may think that they are not eligible for a scholarship, but we are encouraging all students to apply.
Let’s dispel a few myths about scholarships:
- You do not need to be at the top of your class to qualify. While GPAs are considered in some scholarships, not all of them rely upon a 3.0 or greater.
- Financial need can “look” different from one person to the next – especially today. Do not let the phrase “preference for financial need” keep you from applying.
- Application essays do not have to be lengthy. Sometimes just a paragraph or two is enough to show committees who you are. Many of our scholarships only require a General Application, which auto-matches students to the opportunities they are eligible for.
Have questions? The SUNY New Paltz Foundation is available to help.
- If you are unsure what to do, simply email email@example.com and we will answer your questions.
- If you are unsure where to find the opportunities, visit newpaltz.edu/scholarships for a complete list and application instructions.
- If you can’t find any opportunities that you think you are eligible for, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to find the opportunity that fits your situation.
For immediate emergencies, we encourage students to consider applying to the Student Crisis Fund.