A new program focusing on sustainability reporting and communications is debuting this fall at The Business Institute, the SUNY New Paltz School of Business initiative that has provided training, continuing education, research and business advising to Hudson Valley entrepreneurs since it was founded in 2001.
The new fall seminar, “Sustainability Reporting and Communications for Small and Medium Enterprises,” will be led by Michael Sheridan, Global Reporting Initiative licensee and expert in the area of sustainability in enterprise.
Sheridan will present the following dynamic program:
Sustainability Reporting and Communications for Small and Medium Enterprises
Nov. 2, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Van den Berg Hall, Room 219
Registration $150 (includes lunch)
Register online: www.newpaltz.edu/schoolofbusiness/execed
DESCRIPTION: This course serves as an introduction to sustainability reporting and communications, through which a company conveys its sustainability strategy – how its environmental, social and governance policies, practices and processes are helping the company manage risk and create value through efficiencies, innovation and/or enhanced good will.
The course also provides an overview of trends and best practices in corporate sustainability reporting and communications, with a particular focus on sustainability reporting frameworks and green and social marketing.
- Overview of reporting standards (UN Global Compact, Global Reporting Initiative, and SASB)
- Planning the reporting and/or communications process
- Working with key stakeholders
- Selecting report content and assembling the report
- Communicating results internally and externally
- Integrating sustainability efforts into marketing and branding
- Monitoring progress
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS
- Better assess and mitigate risk
- Recognize new opportunities
- Assume greater control over internal operations and supply chain
- Improve reputation through sustainability leadership
- Strategically plan to meet organizational sustainability and overarching goals
- Identify and prioritize sustainability issues based on importance to internal and external stakeholders, and impact to the environment and/or society
- Work collaboratively to develop strategies promoting sustainable solutions and to develop effective, professional communications
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the processes needed for companies to measure, manage, and report on progress against sustainability targets
To register click here or enter www.newpaltz.edu/schoolofbusiness/execed in your browser.