Adventure trips & breath-taking nature

Hi everyone,

I can’t believe that there are only a few days left here in New Paltz. This week, Felicia, Diana and me will move from the tiny, cozy and idyllically situated New Paltz to one of the biggest and most dynamic metropolitan cities in the world. Oh, what a contrast!

New Paltz is surrounded by wonderful nature and provides space for a wide range of fun-making outdoor activities such as hiking, kayaking, tubing, and riding. Nature lovers and adventurists get definitely their money’s worth! I booked two trips organized by the wellness and recovering center. This is probably the easiest and cheapest way to experience these activities: Book a trip for around 20 bucks, come to the meeting point, and just have fun!

So at first, I did a tubing trip. Honestly, I wasn’t really aware of what tubing is when I have signed up. But I can tell that it was definitely one of the most spectacular things I have ever done – nothing for weak nerves or people who are scared about falling into cold water. For everyone who does not know what tubing is, it is comparable to wild water rafting, however, everyone is sitting in their own tube. Maybe you can imagine that a tube is way shakier than an ordinary inflatable.

For the next time, I would recommend investing some money to rent a helmet which was not included in the price and not explicitly communicated by the instructors.

The second trip, a friend from Switzerland and me signed up for was a horseback riding excursion. The trip was advertised as a trip for beginners. Therefore, I was aware that it will be just a cozy trip. After a short riding session, we had some free time to explore the wonderful nature of the Mohonk preserve as well as the Mohonk Mountain House which is an old, famous and iconic hotel in this area. That was definitely a fantastic day and a great excursion to recommend.

Now, it is time to pack our suitcases. The next advantage is waiting for us!

All the best,

Anna

Next ArticleSunday Stroll in Central Park