Hiking trip to Minnewaska State Park Preserve

Yesterday a bunch of the IIB “brotherhood” went to Minnewaska State Park Preserve, to get a last glimpse of nature before we head in to the city. The park is 20 minutes away by taxi, and the only thing you’ll have to pay for is the cab fare. ย  Overall the trip was great with lots of high peaks with panoramic view and beautiful landscape. Rumors told, there are bears in the park, but unfortunately (maybe fortunate) we did not see one. From beginning to end the trip went on for about five hours, including minor pit stops and one lunch break. Heads up! Use the toilet located in the beginning of the track, because you can’t “go” for another five hours.

Here’s a picture of Carl and the panoramic view at Castle Rock, which is located in the Minnewaska park.

MINNEWASKA

7 Comments

1. Anna Ahlm

Both were great, but I think I liked hiking in Mohonk more, the labyrint path with the lemon-squeeze was such an adventure! I would love to do that again.

2. Im Edith you Andreas, we really need to go before moving to NYC, it looks amazing!

3. Andreas

I’ll have to go before we leave! Which one is the best, Minnewaska or Mohonk??

4. I really loved Minnewaska ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it has one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen, I had trouble keeping up the pace though hahaha, but it is really worth it. I hope one day I can go back on summer to try to swim there Joan ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Therese

Joan, what a lovely first date! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Therese

It was an amazing experience to hike in Minnewaska. The beautiful nature and tranquility was a delightful combination. My favorite spot was the Castle Point, where we also took a lunch break. The view was breathtaking!

7. joanschuman

Great photo! I love hiking Minnewaska. My first date with my husband was scuba diving the lake. It’s a glacier lake, very very cold. We saw no fish; only a few underwater wormlike creatures on the deep bottom. It’s a beautiful lake to swim in during the warm summer months.

Next ArticleTRIPLOG