Phone Interviews

If there is more than one candidate for an internship position, some firms want to conduct a phone interview before inviting students to a company visit. This is all new to me, to conduct an interview via phone makes it a lot harder to impress someone, I want to use body language and be able to see the person in front of me. In addition, it doesn’t really feel like a real interview, the nervousness isn’t really there.

However, I have realized that there is only one way to go to make it feel more like a real interview and to be your best self: Put on the clothes you would have worn on a real interview, even though no one is going to see you. Find a place that resembles an office (Career center in the Humanities building can help you with that), and pretend. Pretend that you are there.

Believe me, this works. I just landed an interview in NYC.

3 Comments

1. Andreas

Haha, I like that you dressed up for the interview! Actually I also think it’s a great way of creating the feeling that you should have. Congrats!

2. Tobias Bengtsson

Looks like you landed more than just an interview, which I think you nailed by the way. Good job!

3. Nicklas Irstam, Nirstam

congratulation to the Internship Carl! I really gone try that next time if I have an pone interview… because my first phone interview went very bad… haha

Next ArticleCampus at the end of September