The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce scholarships to support low-paying or unpaid summer internships for students. For summer 2014 we will offer two or three $1,000 awards. This program is supported by generous contributions from SUNY New Paltz parents, alumni, and friends to the LA&S Dean’s Fund.
These are merit-based awards that take into account the student’s GPA, the quality of the internship, the relevance of the internship to the student’s academic major and educational goals, and the relevance of the internship to the student’s future career.
- Applicants should be majors in a department or program within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Applicants should have a 3.3 or higher cumulative G.P.A.
- Preference will be given to students in their junior year; seniors who will graduate in May or August 2014 are not eligible for this award.
- The internship cannot be with a business or organization run by a family member, relative, or close family friend.
To apply, students should submit the following:
- A 300-500 word description of the internship and its relation to the student’s academic major, educational goals, and career plans
- A resume
- An academic transcript with cumulative G.P.A.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty
Applications should be sent to the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, JFT 614. Deadline for applications is May 7, 2014. Awards will be announced on May 15, 2014.